It is important to remember the proper commercial glass cleaning practices to maintain your store’s image. If you have a retail space, it is best to keep it neat and tidy to avoid driving your potential customers away. These front stores or commercial glasses are the ones enticing your customers to visit your store, so it is crucial to keep them presentable at all times.
However, maintaining these glasses clean can be a little handy and tricky. Though this practice is something you shouldn’t ignore since the neater and tidier your store appears, the more you can invite customers inside. If you are a first-time commercial glass space owner, you’ve come to the right place to learn more about how you can clean them.
Commercial Glass Cleaning Do’s and Don’ts
Cleaning this type of glass is no easy task, especially if you have customers going in and out of your store. You may find different resources online that provide various precautionary measures if you wanted to clean yourself.
Don’t forget to keep in mind these reminders about the dos and don’ts:
Set your glass cleaning schedule.
When do you want to clean your glasses? Would you select a specific time and plan for it, or would you prefer to clean it when it’s too dirty (hoping you won’t)? Keep in mind that choosing the weather for your commercial glass cleaning can affect its overall result.
- Don’t clean when it’s too hot and Sure, the humid weather may help you dry the glasses fast, but it may cause more harm than good as it can lead to glass streaking, leaving smudges and dried soap in your glass.
- Doschedule your cleaning on a cloudy day. Cleaning during a cloudy day will help you do the work comfortably. You can thoroughly check for missed spots during this time, too, and have your glasses dry correctly.
Proper tools make a difference.
For clear glass, cleaning it with the right tools will add up to its overall look. The different glass cleaning essentials are available in various stores to help you with cleaning.
- Don’t use newspapers.Back in the day and event until now, most people usually recommend using these to save costs. However, using newspapers is not beneficial. It will only set aside the dirt and will fail you to do its “job.” Its ink can also add up to the mess instead of assisting you in cleaning.
- Do use absorbent cloths or toolssuch as microfiber towels. An appropriate fabric can help you ease your cleaning burden, and they are eco-friendly too! If your budget permits, getting a good quality squeegee might be one of the best tools to lessen the time spent doing your job.
Use the proper cleaning chemicals.
Now that you’ve got your cleaning tools, you are about to cleaning! Take note, though, that you shouldn’t just grab and use whatever chemical you have to clean your commercial glass.
- Don’t go with harsh chemicals. These cleaning agents might be too intense for your store glasses that can affect their after-cleaning outcome.
- Doclean with just soap and water. The more natural and nontoxic your cleaning agents, the more it’ll do the magic! You can mix your dishwashing soap with warm water and start cleaning right away!
Phase or split the glass parts for cleaning.
Is your space full of glasses? Be it windows or doors, cleaning them is a big task. Cleaning also consumes a chunk of your time, so it is best to weigh your cleaning time.
- Don’ttry to clean everything all at once. Speeding your cleaning process is not beneficial, mainly if your commercial space displays your products (e.g., bakeshop, clothing store). Rushing yourself to clean might only lead you to miss essential glass parts that can affect your store’s overall appeal.
- Do cut your glass sections to Unless you’ve got a helping hand, it is wise to split the glasses when you clean. Set yourself a couple of days to have every glass in your commercial space cleaned. Prioritize the glasses that need immediate cleaning. With this practice, you can avoid pushing yourself to finish.
Afraid of commercial glass cleaning mishaps? Please leave it to our Glass King experts!
If you are having difficulty cleaning your glass, maybe our professionals here in Glass King can help you. Our staff with years of experience has assisted multiple clients with their commercial glass cleaning needs here in Chandler, AZ.
Don’t forget that your front glass is how you’ll attract your customers! Never treat them poorly with scratches and dirt. Call us now or contact Glass King today to assist you in finding the perfect service for your commercial glass.