Installing a glass panel is an efficient but elegant way to place a divider while still keeping visibility pretty high. These can fit anywhere, from homes, to offices, to restaurants and other commercial spaces.
Glass panels can also serve quite a lot of uses. They great at performing the functions that they are installed for, but adds a touch of elegance and creativity to wherever they are placed. Like any other glass pieces, glass panels also need maintenance and care.
Why to Install, Where to Install, and How to Maintain Decorative Glass Panels
There are things you need to know before you can install glass panels to whatever it is that you want to beautify. Here is a list of some of these, outlining reasons why glass panels are great, where to install them, and tips on how to keep them in top shape.
Why Install Decorative Glass Panels?
There are many reasons why glass panels are great for whatever building or designing project it is that you are thinking of doing. Here are some reasons:
- Functional: Decorative glass panels are very functional. It keeps visibility high, which is exactly what you want if you are thinking of using them for commercial purposes.
- Saves energy: Installing glass panels instead of plain old opaque materials is more cost-efficient in terms of electricity costs. You will not have to have the lights on 24/7 if you have glass panels installed. While it is true that glass panels are a bit harder to maintain, what you will save up on electricity is worth it. It’s more environmentally friendly too.
- Aesthetically pleasing: There are many creative ways that you can use glass panels for. They are actually very nice to look at when properly decorated. If you have ever seen a well-made painted glass panel, you will know how nice they are.
- Highly modifiable: If you don’t want any prying eyes seeing through your glass panels or if you think it lets in too much sunlight, then coat it with a tint. There are many ways to modify your glass panels based on what your needs are, so make sure to consider these too.
Where to Install Decorative Glass Panels
Decorative glass panels are multifunctional. They are very flexible in terms of where they can be used. Here are some of the best places to install glass panels:
- Windows: Windows are the most obvious choice. You even have the option of making them non-hinged if you just want a window to let the sun in and enjoy the view.
- Storefronts: A storefront will greatly benefit from having a number of glass panels installed. It gives potential customers a quick view of what to expect from the store, and even tempts them with items that they may want to buy. It’s the cheapest form of advertising.
- In place of walls or barriers: Installing glass panels instead of walls or barriers in certain areas of your home or commercial establishment is a good option. It’s a very creative, and maintains the functionality of the barrier. Take note that not all walls are replaceable!
How to Maintain Decorative Glass Panels
Though useful, decorative glass panels require a bit more attention in terms of maintenance since they are a lot more fragile compared to the more traditional materials. They’re also eyesores if not properly cleaned. Here are some tips on how to maintain your glass panels:
- Use a cleaning solution: There are many commercially available cleaning solutions to effectively break up any muck and dirt stuck to your panels. To prevent them from sticking in the first place, however…
- Use a glass coats: There are also glass coating solutions that are available on the market. These minimize the amount of dirt and damage that your glass panel will be subjected to.
- Consider the amount of stress you will be putting your panels through: Try to avoid placing damaging objects near your glass panels. Examples of these objects are heavy items, or those that can emit a lot of heat (like space heaters) since these can warp some types of glass panels or their frames.
- Replacements: If your glass panels are starting to show cracks, or normal wear and tear, then consider having them replaced.
Thinking of Getting Glass Panels for your Home or Commercial Establishment?
Glass panels are elegant, functional, useful, and are not as hard to maintain as most people may think. Make sure that you only get professionals for constructing and installing your glass panels. Here at Glass King, we only use materials of the highest quality and our professionals are sure to help you in whatever ways you need. Call our team today for a FREE QUOTE.